Sunday, December 18, 2005

Just Checking

About two weeks ago I mailed my fourth quarter estimated income taxes and my county real estate and property tax checks. I download my checking account activity fairly regularly, so I know when a hand-written check clears the bank. Within three days of mailing, the check to the state for income taxes had cleared the bank.

The county? Checks had not cleared. So, I wondered idly if, perhaps, the mail had not been delivered to them. Hey, it’s the holiday season coupled with usual USPS efficiency. But this idea was dispelled two days ago when I got my “Paid” receipts from the county for my taxes. I went on line this AM to do other business and downloaded my banking activity. County checks still outstanding. They got my checks, presumably, at the same time the state did. Good cash management, huh? My tax dollars not at work.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home