Monday, October 03, 2005

Sixty Five and Awe

In five days, I am going to be 65. Tonight is erev Rosh Hashanah and begins the Days of Awe. It's a time for teshuvah, connecting, being on the journey. It's a time when the gates are open. It's a time where it's decided who will live and who will die.

So, smack dab in the middle of all this, I am going to be 65. Yeh, there's Medicare Parts A and B. Yeh, there's Social Security benefits in six months. But becoming 65, an official old guy geezer, right in the middle of the Days of Awe?

The moon knew when I was born this would happen.

There's a poem about this somewhere. I'll cogitate a bit and see where this all takes me.

Maybe I will know more in five days.
Maybe I'll know more by Yom Kippur.
Maybe I won't.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home