Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Fiber Fone Cull

I use a fiber supplement to help to control my cholesterol. Well, since I am on the last container, I called the 800 number to reorder. I was told to press “1” if I had never ordered before or “2” for a return customer. After pressing “2,” I think I was passed into a general call center where the operators are dealing with several companies. The woman on the line sort of stumbled on a greeting and then asked if I could wait. I could hear keystroking in the background while I waited.

She then asked what I wanted to order and I told her. We went through the credit card number, email address, etc. and got to my name and address. She started with the address. I am always careful to enunciate my address and to put in pauses between words to let the person on the other end of the line know that all the words are separate and not concatenated.

She: What is your address?
Me: xxxxx Wild......Horse......Creek......Road
She: Is that one or two words?
Me: Two.
She: So it’s xxxxx W-h-i-l-e …
Me: No. Wild…W-i-l-d.
She: Okay. Wild. W-i-l-d.
Me: Right.
She: Wild H-o-a-r-s-e.
Me: No. Horse…H-o-r-s-e.
She: Okay. Wild W-i-l-d Horse H-o-r-s-e
Me: Correct.
She: Is the rest of it one word or two?
Me: Two. Creek......Road

We went on to finish. I almost asked her what time of day it was in India, but didn’t.

But it is interesting to ponder a one-word part of my address that would be Whilehoarse, which certainly coincides with my current bout of coughing and such.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home