Monday, March 09, 2009

I Am a Beta Test Site

When I was at the university and any new software or update came along, the other faculty members in my department would always want me to install it on my computer. You see, I am a personal beta test site. If there is a way for the software to crash, I can find it without even trying.

I am proud to say that my knack for this has not diminished with retirement or age. In recent weeks I have found iPhone apps that crash, luckily with no harm to me or people in the near vicinity. Yesterday I bought a program that allows you to create your own ring tones for the iPhone. I downloaded it onto my Mac and started creating some ring tones. Yes, you guessed it, I got the program to misbehave and then to crash.

Hey, I never do this intentionally. I just follow a program's instructions and ask it to do what it says it's supposed to. But I must have magic fingers.

So, if you have software you want to check out, I'm your guy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home