Sunday, December 06, 2009

An Open Letter to "The St. Louis Jewish Light"

Dear editors and development staff:

Today I made our annual contribution online to your wonderful paper. It was easy to navigate through your web pages. However, when I got your confirmation both online and in an email, I noticed something interesting at the bottom under the heading Gift Information as follows:

“This donation will be made in memory of Bud Hirsch. Acknowledgement of your donation will be sent to …” and here it lists my home address.

Since I am the Bud Hirsch at the address shown and since I did not fill out any part of the donation form regarding memorials, I am concerned. Certainly if you were to publish a gift given in my memory, it would cause consternation among friends and family I have not seen in a while. “When did it happen?” “Who knew?” “Wonder what got him?”

So I hope this was just an error by whoever does your web page coding. I’d be glad to stop by the office to attest to my still being alive, but who knows between now and then?

Cordially, Maurice L. (Bud) Hirsch, Jr.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home