Tuesday, August 11, 2009

What About This Don't You Understand?

I bring a canvas boat bag to the grocery store. In the store, I make a conscious decision about what to put in a plastic or paper bag and what not (e.g., onions-no, asparagus-yes).

When I get to the checkout line, if there is a bagger, I always say: "If I didn't put something in a bag, I don't want you to." And, assuming I know what'll fit into my huge boat bag, I then say: "Put it all in this bag. It'll fit. I don't care how heavy it is."

Today was fairly typical. I made both statements and the gentleman who was bagging acknowledged what I said. Than, as he was bagging, he started to put some veggies that I had not put into a bag into one. So, I repeated my first request. Then, as he was finishing, he started to put the last three items into a new shopping bag instead of my boat bag. Again, I told him those items would easily fit into my bag. He put them in and told me: "But it'll be heavy."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home