Saturday, June 27, 2009

Registering a New Scanner

We got a new Canon scanner. When I installed the software, I was asked if I would like to register the product online. Sure, why not. Clicking on the link, I see three lines where I have to fill in stuff. The first is “pick your product.” Clicking on that, I have two choices: Printer or Multifunction Machine. No scanners. No way around this. I look at other parts of the site, try to register from other angles, but am always shunted to this same page with no way to register a scanner.

I emailed Canon, told them of the problem, and asked how I could register my scanner. The following is, in part, their reply:

"Thank you for writing to us concerning your CanoScan 5600F. We value you as a Canon customer and appreciate the opportunity to assist you. We regret to hear that you are experiencing difficulties registering your CanoScan online.

"To register the CanoScan, please follow these steps:

"1. Visit Canon's website at: www.canontechsupport.com

"2. Just below 'Please choose your product from the menus below:', select your model in the following manner:

"2-1. Click the down arrow on the top drop-down box and select Scanners.

"2-2. Click the down arrow on the middle drop-down box and select CanoScan Series.

"2-3. Click the down arrow on the bottom drop-down box and select CanoScan 5600F and click 'GO'.

"3. On the CanoScan 5600Fs Technical Support web page, click on 'Register Your Product' in the Getting Started box.

"In the new window that appears will be the registration form.

"Please let us know if we can be of any further assistance with your CanoScan.

"Thank you for choosing Canon."

Okay. I did all this. However, when I got to Step 3, in the Getting Started box is just the phrase “Information Not Available.”

I’ve written them again asking how I can register my scanner.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home