Saturday, June 13, 2009

New Expiration Date

My credit card was nearing its expiration date and the credit card company sent me a new card. I don’t know about you, but I have many accounts with automatic payment to my credit card on a regular basis (e.g., phone) and when I buy something online. For most of these accounts, I could go to their website and update my information. For some, there was no way to do this causing me to have to phone and/or email them. (I wonder, for example, why there is no way to update my credit card information on AAA.) And then, of course, there are the sites that are down for “routine maintenance” and ones I will have to call “during regular business hours.”

So, after I completed my task (took about an hour so far), I immediately got an automated call from my credit card company wanting verification on several sites where I had updated information. All of these were test charges (i.e., $1.00 that is never actually charged). Happy to have the fraud division so alert. I guess the whole slew of changes all at one time caused bells to ring and a red flag to be waved.

Glad I only have to go through with this every three years!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home