Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Can You See Straight?

I went to the eye doctor for my annual checkup today. Over the past year and longer, I have noticed that even though my contact lenses are both meant for distance, my right eye has changed so much that, using the old prescription for it, I can do without reading glasses for the computer, the iPhone, menus, etc. A couple of years ago, recognizing how my eyesight had changed, the doctor gave me a new prescription for the glasses I wear when my contacts are out.

So, fast forward to today. Again we looked at the distance vision in my left eye and close-up vision in the right with the contacts in. However, when the doctor looked at my eyes with my lenses on (and then confirmed when he took the lenses out), I had somehow switched lenses so the left lens was in the right eye and vice versa.

Now, you'd think that he'd tell me to reverse them again. Nope. They fit fine where they are. My vision is good. No need to change anything except their records to switch what lens is for what eye.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home