Monday, December 14, 2009

This Is What $$$ Looks Like


Saturday evening, before we went out, Marian noticed I had a dent on my car and paint chipped away. It looks like someone with a 4WD truck smacked a door into my left-rear wheel well. I had not seen it when I got into my car after it must have happened on one of the three parking lots that I visited on Friday or when we were at a gymnastics meet earlier on Saturday. There was no note left on my windshield by the perpetrator taking responsibility.

Well, I thought, it’s just a small dent that can be suctioned out. Sure, a few hundred dollars, but no biggie. Wrong! It’s not the dent that’s the problem. It’s the chipped paint. The repair shop has to:

• Remove the rear quarter panel window
• Take out the tail light
• Drop the bumper
• Fix the dent
• Paint/blend the left passenger seat door and the entire panel (which extends up and over the windows on both doors)

Cost? $930 plus a car rental for six days all out-of-pocket.

Happy holidays. And a big thanks for the jerk(s) who didn’t take accountability for his/her deed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home