Saturday, April 29, 2006

Diagnosis

I have been to four doctors (so far) and ending my eighth week of non-stop coughing. After laying out what diagnoses three of the four doctors had provided, I asked friends and family to vote, to offer their diagnosis. I offered them these five choices:

A - Acid reflux
B - Whooping cough
C - Both acid reflux and whooping cough
D - Some unknown confluence of things that no one will really figure out and will go away some day
E - I am a human experiment by the Bush administration to develop personal weapons of mass destruction

Twenty-four people voted (about 80 percent of those who could vote). On top of this, we did have two people who tried to redefine the choices. Only Captain Kirk can do that. And there were the two cats who kept insisting that they could vote. However, the Department of Homeland Peculiarity disqualified them. The results (all precincts reporting) are as follows:

A – 1
B – 10
C – 1
D – 6
E – 6

By early in the week, my blood test will be back on whooping cough, the winner. Right now, I am still coughing 24-7 and I have developed at least four styles of coughing. Very versatile, don’t you think?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home