Monday, May 22, 2006

Tell Me You're Kidding

The following is from the movie, Catch 22:
“There was only one catch and that was Catch-22, which specified that a concern for one's own safety in the face of dangers that were real and immediate was the process of a rational mind. Orr was crazy and could be grounded. All he had to do was ask; and as soon as he did, he would no longer be crazy and would have to fly more missions. Orr would be crazy to fly more missions and sane if he didn't, but if he was sane he had to fly them. If he flew them he was crazy and didn't have to; but if he didn't want to he was sane and had to. Yossarian was moved very deeply by the absolute simplicity of this clause of Catch-22 and let out a respectful whistle.”

As you know, I have been exchanging email messages with Medcrap (as reflected in a previous post). As part of their email messages, they keep saying the following: “If you need medication before your order arrives, please contact your physician to obtain a prescription for a short-term supply. This prescription may be filled at your local participating pharmacy.” In a previous email, they had defined “short term” as 14 days. And in their last email, they assured me I would have my Prevacid by June 2 from the prescription they had received on May 15. I’ll be out of pills day after tomorrow. They know this from my previous emails to them.

So, like the calm, obedient patient I am, I called my physician (as they suggested) and had a 14-day prescription called in to my local Walgreens.

I got a call from Walgreens telling me that Medcrap had refused to pay for the 14-day prescription since they had received a prescription for the drug on May 15. If Walgreens got back to them in July, they could approve it.

Somehow, I don’t think their right foot is connected to their left ear. Naturally, I sent a well-reasoned, succinct, and sanguine email to Medcrap.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home