Thursday, February 15, 2007

Mac Maul

This is one of those customer disservice rants. I am in the market for a new Mac laptop. In looking over prices, it seemed to me the best deal was from MacMaul where I could get a mail-in rebate and also not have to pay for the purchase for six months. So I went online and logged in and proceeded to put in all the information they needed. When I clicked the final “place the order” button, a message came back that the “pay later” option had been denied and I should choose another form of payment. I tried again. Same result.

So I called the 800 number and was connected to a MacMaul person in India or close thereby. I explained my problem, told the person that I had a stellar credit rating, and wondered how this could be remedied.

You know how you’re driving down the Interstate at 75 mph and a car passes you in a blur and goes out of sight ahead? Well, that was about the speed of this representative’s reply. I got him to slow down to just over the speed limit. I asked what could be done now. He said: “You will get a letter in 7 to 10 days telling you why you were denied.” I told him how I wanted to complete my purchase now and did not want to use “another form of payment,” but wanted the delayed payment option. Again he told me about the letter in 7 to 10 days. “So,” I said, “there is nothing you can do to let me make a purchase now? I don’t want to wait 7 to 10 days.” He paused and told me he would be right back. The line went dead.

I called back. I got another person. I explained my problem. He told me he couldn’t handle it and would turn me over to someone in sales. I was put on hold and listened to music for 10 minutes. I hung up.

Later in the same day, I went back online, logged in, went to my shopping basket, checked out, opted for the delayed payment, and it all went through like clockwork. Well, at least I don’t have to call the disservice line again, I hope.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home