Monday, March 09, 2009

Let's Get Sirius

I got a letter in the mail today from Sirius. Our first year of service was free with the car we bought and it’s now time to renew. They provided an 888 number to call. There was no reference to a web site where one might renew, but I went to their site anyway. Nope. No way to renew that I could see.

So, I called the 888 number, did business with them, and was told that as part of our package I could listen free to Sirius programming on my computer. All I had to do was to log into my account. He told me what our user name is and password.

When I tried to log on, it didn’t recognize the name or password. When I went to the screen for “Forgot your user name,?” I filled in the account name on the letter I received, my state, and the serial number of my radio from the letter I received. It didn’t recognize this either.

I called customer care, wrestled with the automatic operator who offered less choices than seemed appropriate, none of which had to do with problems with their web site. Then I was put on hold and subjected to music that I don’t like for 23 minutes without any message regarding how long a wait I might have, whether to call back later due to high volume, etc. There was an option, a recorded voice said, to avoid waiting on the phone by just accessing my account at their web site.

“Jim” helped me finally. Seems like the first guy forgot to tell me the username was (a) all one word, and (b) all lowercase. Well, now I’m logged in and listening to “Mac the Knife” in German.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home