Saturday, September 04, 2010

Another Case of Right Hand, Left Hand Ignorance

I have an American Express card. In fact, I’ve had one for 50 years. Like most consumers, I have switched from one form of the card to another as times have changed, my needs have changed, and different rewards are offered.

I get the AMEX bill in the mail. I pay it to arrive days before it’s due. This is where the “right hand doesn’t know what the left hand is doing” comes in.

When AMEX receives my payment, they send me an email acknowledging such and thanking me for it.

Four or five days later, I get another email from AMEX which says “Your next payment is almost due” and lists the amount of the statement for which they have already told me they have received my payment. The email also says: “If you have already sent or scheduled your payment, please disregard this reminder.” Well, it was sent, you told me you received it and thanked me for prompt payment several days ago.

So much for integrated databases, I guess.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home