Saturday, January 08, 2011

Intuit Shun

This rant really isn’t about Intuit, but, rather, the bank that they partner with for one of their services. We’re exploring using a credit card scanner connected to an iPhone. Finding the hardware from Mophie was easy. Setting up the account with Intuit was hard.

The nice customer service agent I spoke with who answered some questions I had about the service told me it was faster for him to take all the information they’d need on the telephone rather than my doing our registration online. Hmmmm. It took 20 minutes over the phone and there were several times I had to ask the young man to really slow down when he talked. While I can blame part of the problem on my hearing, he was talking REALLY fast. He’s obligated to tell me 100 percent of his script, so there was lots to listen about.

After this all was done, I received an email from the underwriters at the bank/processing house they use for credit card collection. Remember, all I am trying to do is to set up a link so that when the organization I work with scans a credit card for, say, a donation, it will be recorded and we will be paid into our own bank account. In this day and age, though, they want to make sure we aren’t some fly-by-night organization or a scammer. Okay. I can live with that.

First they asked for proof we are a non-profit organization. We called them and were told what email address to send such proof. We did that twice. Unfortunately, the email address we were told was not the correct one for the underwriters, so we kept getting emails from them that they still hadn’t seen our proof.

Then they wanted copies of several months of our bank statements. I downloaded same from our banks’ sites and sent them a PDF file of the downloads. I got an email saying that they could not accept what I had sent. I talked to someone in the underwriting department who told me they don’t accept copies of downloaded bank statements. They are worried that somehow they could be altered. Hmmmm again. Seems to me, as I told her, I could take a paper bank statement and alter it, scan it, and send it, and no one would be the wiser. If they didn’t want the actual paper statements sent to them, any electronic transmission could have faked stuff in it. So, we’re getting together scans of our bank statements over several months to send to them.

We’re not borrowing money from them. We only want to scan and deposit credit card receipts through them. They don’t even go into their bank, but ours. “I am not a crook.” Oh, perhaps I shouldn’t have said it that way.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home