Monday, August 01, 2011

Herrington Recants

Over the weekend, I got an email from Herrington touting their latest sale, new products, etc. On the email, I saw I could unsubscribe to such emails and I could leave feedback. I did both. And in the feedback, I asked that no more print catalogs be sent to our address as well. On the feedback form, I also said that my decision was based on how I had been treated on a refund of defective shoes I had ordered from them where I had not received a credit for shipping or handling and I saw nowhere in their offerings that this was company policy on returns or exchanges.

As a result, I got an email saying they had received my comments and the writer was referring them to his/her supervisor. Here is the email I received today:

Dear Mr. Hirsch,

As promised, I forwarded your previous email to my supervisor. Upon reviewing this matter with my supervisor, we would be more than happy to credit you for the initial shipping and handling on your order. Please be advised that this credit is currently processing and will be on your next credit card statement.

Also, I have removed the provided name and address from our email and catalog mailing lists. Although we have flagged your address as “unsubscribed” you may receive an email that has already been scheduled for release. Should you continue to receive emails 14 days after unsubscribing please do not hesitate to contact us. Also, you may receive one or two more catalogs due to advanced mailings. We appreciate your time and patience on this matter.

Sincerely,

Tom
Herrington Catalog
Customer Service


If you read my earlier posting about the incident that led up to this, let me remind you that the customer service rep in those emails was also “Tom.” Guess that’s the only guy they have working there, huh? My reply to Herrington was as follows:

I appreciate your attention to this matter. Too bad it took this exchange of emails to have it happen. The original set of emails regarding this matter can be found at: http://hirschwrites.blogspot.com/. mlhjr

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home