Thursday, May 31, 2007

They Should Give You The Printer For Free

I just bought a new Epson printer for $90 directly from Epson. Frankly, I wasn't going to order any ink cartridges at this time, but, the checkout screen told me if I added just a few more $$$ to my order, I could save $10 in shipping. Always looking for a good deal, I went to the page with ink cartridges. This printer takes six different cartridges. The price for EACH for the "super" size that "prints 50% more" than the standard size is $20. So, let's see. $90 for a printer and $120 for a set of ink cartridges. Hey, we're not even counting paper yet!

Why do they even bother charging for the printer?

P.S., I looked online to see if I could buy the printer cheaper from a source other than the manufacturer. Looked like Best Buy was a good place. The Best Buy site told me I could buy the printer for $5 less, but, adding tax (no tax from Epson direct) and shipping, the price was $105. Ah, well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home