Sunday, September 12, 2010

Are the Lights Flickring?

I have commented before regarding Facebook changing how you can automatically update pictures from Flickr to your Facebook page. And I have done all that is required of me to use the new linking method which originates on Flickr. But to no avail.

I have written Flickr’s customer service and have been communicating back and forth via email with “Jake.” His main message seems to be to make sure all the pictures I post to Flickr that I want to be forwarded to Facebook are marked to be publicly searchable, safe, able to be viewed by anyone, and that the uploader I am using also be set in the same manner. Sounds like good advice.

However, 100 percent of the pictures I have sent to Flickr over the last six months or more have been tagged as safe, public/anyone, etc. and the uploaders I use (one from iPhoto and one from Lightroom) are appropriately set in the same way.

He keeps beating the drum on his major theme/message. I keep replying that I’ve checked on all this and all the pictures and uploader preferences are as they should be. I’ve even gone to my Flickr site and have looked at entire collections of pictures to confirm they are all safe, open to the public for viewing, etc. and have gone onto my Flickr account and checked the proper sharing is active. It is.

And yet, I have still to see any of my recent uploads appear on my Facebook profile page.

I hope his next message back to me has something new it. Too bad this isn’t a call where I can say: “May I please talk to your supervisor?”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home