Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Intuit Shun - Part Two

Over the last several days, I have received notice after notice about sending the underwriters information on our pending Intuit GoPayment account, some of which we’ve sent up to four times. This morning, I received a notice that asked: “Please provide copies of your last three months merchant PROCESSING statements from your current or previous processor.” Since I have zero idea what they are asking for now, I called their 800 number.

Fortunately, this time I got a wonderful representative. Reminded me of a caring grandmother. She looked through the piles of notices they’d sent me, notes they’d put on our pending account, the emails and attachments I’d sent them, etc.

In our conversation over the next several minutes, she told me that all this searching on their end was to protect them against fraudulent organizations, especially non-profits. If a scammer puts in a charge from someone (perhaps a card that has been compromised), the credit card processing company (where these underwriters work) would have to pay the charge back to the cardholder. Thus, they are trying to avoid losses on their part. And that’s why they need all the documentation to see if an applicant is on the up and up.

The good news for us is that she looked over all our paperwork, saw some errors the sales department had put in our application that raised some red flags on their part, told me to ignore the latest notice from them, said we are approved and that I should receive an email confirming this later today.

Nice to get someone who gets down to what needs to be done and does it. Now the next test is when it does get approved to see if our new handy-dandy Mophie scanner works on my iPhone. She also talks to her computer, but never yells at it since she wants it to be her friend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home