Saturday, September 22, 2007

Change, the Subject


Looks like my poetry/music project, Change, the Subject, is finally going to happen. It's 67 years (a)bridged. Performances are 12/8 at 7 PM and 12/9 at 1 PM, Centene Center for the Arts and Education, 4th floor Rialto Ballroom. The nice folks at HotCity, St. Louis Poetry Center, St. Louis Writers Guild, River Styx, and Chesterfield Arts are all co-sponsors.

Should be fun. And there will be a reception after each performance as well as a discount on the purchase of any of my books. Tickets are $15 -- call Chesterfield Arts at 636-519-1955 for your tickets -- limited seating. Here's a bit of flavor for what you'll hear/see:

A Journey

I was born in 1940,
the only son of an only son.
The worst I knew about the war
was rationing of horsemeat
for our two Great Danes, yellow
powder we had to add to white oleomargarine.
I grew up assimilationist Jewish,
St. Louis suburbs,
private school, ivy league college,
married at 20,
went from college into industry for 10 years,
back to school for a Ph.D. then taught accounting for over 20.
Both my parents died
between their 80th and 81st birthdays.
Over the past several years,
I’ve lost good friends, family.
I’m 67, long-time married, retired,
have three grown children, two grandchildren,
four horses, two dogs.
Been operated on for cancer.
My story is particular to me.
My story is yours.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home